Thursday 28 June 2012

Vals is enchanting. This is the tiny square where my hotel is. The journey here was really nice, I met terribly nice and helpful people and saw parts of the region from a different and interesting perspective. I had to change at Disentis and Ilanz and the last part of the journey, from Ilanz to Vals, was spectacular. We rode very slowly through an incredibly narrow and beautiful canyon with crazy rocks and wonderful waterfalls. Then we arrived at the small village of Vals, which seems to be some kind of rich people's mecca. A pleasant surprise at my hotel was that they offered me a cheaper room than announced on the phone. And a very nice one too. They were also extremely helpful and researched and printed a map for me in the Internet seeing I didn't have one and it was too late to buy one. But it seems that the walk over the Tomülpass is a very easy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment