Wednesday 6 June 2012

This is where I am now, in the "Internet corner" of the Lucerne youth hostel. It is a big and mode house and very international. I hear all kinds of languages spoken by all kinds of people of all ages. I'm glad I'm here now, the walk today was awfully tiring and my 14kg felt heavy today. A lot of the path reminded me of the worst parts of the coast path. There was even a military range to be crossed. I'm used to the "lie down and pray for your life if you hear an explosion" signs in the quarries in England. But I wasn't prepared for a blinking red light at the barrier at the military airport at Emmen. I was considering doing something silly when the barrier opened all by itself (while I was leaning on it, thoughtfully and a little worried about the long diversion I would have had to take). I then walked what seemed like hours along the river Reuss into Lucerne and here. I was on my feet for 7 h 41 min., up 237m, down 277m, highest point 588m.

No comments:

Post a Comment