Friday 29 June 2012

And this is Turrahus, which is more like a proper restaurant and "Gasthaus". It had a dorm though and, again, I'm the only one in it. I got here much too early though, it was only two o'clock. And was greeted by name!

I was impressed, but only shortly because I learned soon enough that it was only because Hotel Alpina had called to know if I had taken the room key with me. Which I had, it was in my pocket all the time and I didn't notice. How embarrassing. I called immediately to apologise, but they were all cool about it and told me to send the key by post, which I did straight away with the help of the Turrahus boss.

I showered and rested a bit in the dorm to be out of the sun. They couldn't open the umbrellas because the wind was too strong. Then I tried conversation with boss and other locals, which worked quite well. I was offered a free white wine, which Made me tipsy because I hadn't eaten, and learned that the Swiss don't really like the Germans very much (?).

Meanwhile I have eaten well (veggie burger with bavette, vegetables and creamy mushroom sauce) and am contemplating when to leave tomorrow. Not early, that much is sure, because tomorrow's walk to Splügen is like today's. And I don't want to get there as early as today.

I walked a little over five hours today, climbed 1120m and went down 680m, my highest point was 2412m.

No comments:

Post a Comment