Sunday 24 June 2012

Saturday 23.06.2912

I have arrived at Capanna Barone, it is completely hidden in the clouds. So, no photo of the beautiful Barone. When I left Soveltra it was sunny and hot with clouds I was happy with in the long ascent to Bocchetta della Campala with the rabbit-shape rock I remembered well from when I climbed up there three years ago with Dayal, so even if orientation had been a problem I would have known where to go. Photo shows the first view, but with lots of clouds. 


The descent to Barone is not nice, I remember that too, what I did not remember was some serious scrambling with some secured spots, better to go up than down. My foot hurt but as I discovered it was that special bandage that hurt because it put pressure on the tender spot. I took it off in the descent and it was better immediately. When I arrived at Barone I was surrounded bg thick clouds, I thought I was alone, but then two men from Augsburg materialised. They had been up to Lago Barone and said it looked like Iceland, lots of snow. I wonder how far I will her tomorrow because that is my direction to Sponda hut.

Before they arrived I had washed myself and picked the best place in the beautiful dorm, you con see the view in the photo, but only about because of the weather. 

When I was making myself comfortable a mountain goat (Gemse, camoscio) arrived right outside my window. See in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment