Thursday 14 June 2012

Monday, 11.06.2012

So now I am the “guardiana” of Soveltra for the next two weeks. Not that I had much to do today, just small things like washing the polenta pot that had been left out in the fountain to soak so it wouldn’t be too difficult to clean. Then I shortened the curtain in the shower of the guardiano’s room and sew the hem again (made quite a mess of it, but it worked).

But the first thing I do when I get up is go outside to look up at Campo Tencia. The morning was wet from last night’s rain but fair, you can see the snow on the mountain’s peak, during the day it disappears when the sun shines on. I’m glad I wasn’t up there last night though, but tucked into my warm bed instead.




After my second cup of Ovomaltine, which I have become really used to, I busied myself in a very, very slow-motion way. There is always something to do here, but no catering today. My only guests were these here, they’re regulars but prefer to camp out at the landing spot for the helicopter. They are rather shy, but cheeky. They managed to find a place in the fence and get in. They seem to think that the grass here is better than on the other side of the fence.



And there was this little fellow, who hadn’t reserved and was forced to spend the night under the oven. The chocolate worked and you should have seen him jump out of that cage when I opened it on the table outside. Must have been a “Springmaus”, I reckon.


And then there were also these five, they actually live here though. Secretive lot, every time I get close they pretend they are not there. And not very clean. They have no loo and litter the ground with their droppings.


It has rained again most of the day. Now it is nine in the evening and it has stopped. Campo Tencia is surrounded by clouds, but on the other side there is a nice pale blue sky. The fire and the “Bavona choir” I am listening to are the only sounds here. Next to me is a bottle of local red wine. I am a very lucky person to be here. Tomorrow I will do some cleaning, my foot is a lot better already, hardly swollen anymore, but the ankle has turned a slight yellow-blue. I am hoping for reservations, I have been told the weather will improve on Wednesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment