Wednesday 13 June 2012

Friday 08.06.2012


Venerdi 8.6.2012

This is Locarno
Once I had made my decision, everything went very swiftly. I took the bus from Altdorf back to Flüelen, where we had arrived by ship, and then from Flüelen to Göschenen (since the trains were not running because of the land slide) and then got onto the train to Locarno. No complications whatsoever. I had no idea that Locarno was so close to Altdorf, I arrived at around two in the afternoon and waited at a café at the station until I was picked up by Arturo’s wife. Had a lovely local white wine and was a little tipsy because I hadn’t had anything to eat. I am so lucky that I know all these nice and helpful people. I have relied on so many already in this short time. At home (many thanks especially to my sister and Friederike but also Baggy for helping me out all the time) and here in Switzerland. I owe much to Roberta and Karl and also to Arturo and his wife Emanuela. I spent a nice afternoon with Emanuela and her cats Lucky and Redina and tried to rest my foot as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. White wine and cats. What better medicine could there be for your poor foot.

    ReplyDelete