Sunday 24 June 2012

Look at all that water, it is amazing. I don't know how many rivers I crossed and the last bit was often like walking through marsh lands. I feel exhausted from the digging episode in the snow but at least my finger nails are really clean now! My left hand feels a little burnt, snow burnt? I saw some marmots and a pheasant (?) On the way to the hut. The weather was really good for walking, but the forecast was actually - and still is - for really good weather. Nothing but clouds since I arrived at Sponda. Glad to be here, if had walked the other way round and had seen all that snow I wouldn't have gone up. But from the Bassa I didn't see any snow and after that first part of the descent which was really bad, I decided to go through with it and now all is well. Maybe even my shoes will be dry tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment