Sunday 24 June 2012

I am all alone here, when I arrived there were two Italians I chatted with, they were just leaving for Chironico like the guardiano who had come up to do some work. Sponda is not pretty, but comfortable, there is warm water and electricity, which means I can charge my phone and as I have just discovered Internet works here! Amazing.

I'm glad for all that after the day I've had. Woke up at six because the Augsburgers were making a racket, but stayed in bed until after eight. I had breakfast and checked the bus schedule to Sonogno in case I had to go down there. Then I left for Bassa della Barone at 2585m. After a 200m climb I arrived at Lago Barone which was really still frozen over and looked very interesting. I had to walk around the right side which was full of snow. I went quite well but once my left leg went into the snow and it was a little trouble getting it put again. It was then a steep climb to Bassa della Barone. This is the view on the like from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment