Tuesday 5 June 2012

No rain today on the walk between Zofingen and Sursee Camping. It was a long but rather nice walk, most of it was good woods walking, sometimes on narrow winding paths then on broader forrest tracks with some fairly steep climbs. And always wonderfully quiet.


And then I saw something for Ututu. This is for you Ututu:



I walked all the way without hardly a break, there just wasn't really a nice place to sit for a while. Strangely enough, the ViaGottardo leads a lot through villages and towns, but never in a way to come close to a nice cafe or restaurant. And if there is one, rest assured it's closed, at least on a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, or at least one or two of the three. Nothing exciting happened, but I saw my first wild Swiss animal today: a hare. And I actually met someone in the woods, two elderly men. One had suspenders with Edelweiss on them and was very friendly. I arrived at the Sursee Camping too early, the reception was still closed. But the boss was there, who was also very friendly and gave me something to drink and showed me my place to sleep. The I showered and walked another half an hour into the old town centre of Sursee, which is quite pictureresque. This the entrance to the old town:



I had some food and wine and couldn't believe the sun. The forecast says today was the finest day of the week, I wonder what the weather will be like tomorrow when I go on the longest walk so far, to Luzern. Tonight I will sleep in a dorm in this incredibly old building. It is not the most beautiful dorm, but clean and functional and I have it all to my self:


I walked for six hours and 35 min., climbed 486m and went down 397m, my highest point was 697m and I'm sure this numbers are not entirely correct, because the barometric pressure changed strongly according to the change in weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment