Thursday 12 July 2012

We were awake until eleven at Pian Gran because unbelievably I had a perfect Internet connection. Speaking of Internet, I called Swisscom the day before and was told that there had been a mistake with the 150 francs and they would call me. So I updated my blog in the candle light, romantic. In the morning we overslept because Maurizio stopped the alarm clock without me noticing, we left later than we had planned at seven thirty. All the others left at six, worried about possible thunderstorms. The path was beautiful but quite challenging.




Lake Trascolmen



Close-to-the-edge-do-not-fall walking



Not exactly difficult, but with quite a lot of scrambling, tiny paths on the edge and some chains. Especially after Bocchetta Büscenel the path climbed steeply and was always close to the edge. One shouldn't fall. When we came to rifugio Ganan, which is a proper bivak and is a five-hour walk from Pian Gran, we decided to stay and not continue to capanna Buffalora (another three hours). It is such a beautiful spot and we would have it all to us. And, besides, I had never slept in a real bivak before.

No comments:

Post a Comment