Saturday 14 July 2012

Brogoldone hut. It's a converted alp, the dorms are in a former barn. My short walk took a little less than two hours, up 550m and down 50m. As usual through steep forests, the last bit was very pleasant, I was able to walk without watching the ground all the time, which makes for a nice change. There was a lot of fog, but no rain. I was completely wet though when I arrived from sweating and lots of wet grass and trees. I'm not alone, apart from the seven other guests (all Swiss and I don't understand what they are saying), there are horses, donkeys, chicken, a dog and cats. I have learned from Laura, the Brogoldone landloard, that one of the cats was stricken by lightning ten days ago. It survived, but is still recovering and wasn't come out of the house since.

1 comment: