Sunday 8 July 2012

Friday, 6.7.2012

Friday ended up to be another rest day. The forecast was wrong again. This time for the bad. It rained and thunderstormed all night and all day. Considering we were in very good hands at capanna Chiavenna we decided to stay another day and wait for better weather to hopefully go through with our plan to walk to rifugio Bertacchi via passo Angeloga and passo Sterla. We were still stuffed from dinner the night before. We had tagliatelle alle castagne (chestnuts) with leeks, then potatoes in the oven and omelette with cheese and herbs and then this (very yummy):


We spent another nice day at Chiavenna hut, watching the rain pour down, listening to the thunderstorms and eating, mainly. We were a little upset that we hadn't gone away the day before when the weather turned out to be good, but not that upset. Much worse was, and now please prepare for a shock, that I spent 150 euros updating my blog the last time. I misunderstood, and it was actually difficult to understand, the sms Swisscom sent me with the roaming tariffs for Italy. It said I would spend 8 francs once and could surf 24 hours. It didn't tell me that that only applied if the connection was not interrupted. So when I checked my credit after updating the blog I noticed that of the 160 euros I had only 9,99 were left. Aarghh.

No comments:

Post a Comment