Thursday 19 July 2012

I decided to stay another day at Cava seeing I was still feeling quite ill and knowing that Berry would be going down to Biasca and further in the car on Thursday. Elfriede also decided to stay another day because she also wasn't too keen on going down 2000m to Biasca. We agreed that we would walk together to Soveltra from Sonogno via Barone if I felt well enough.The weather remained incredibly good also on my third (unbelievable) day of rest and I went for a short walk to the lakes near Cava hut, also to feed the fish. Berry's ambition is to make the fish grow.


They suffer from "dwarfism" because there is too little to eat in the lake, so Berry takes all the organic rests to the lake and claims the fish have already grown. The alpine club is considering putting in a special type of fish that are more adapt to the conditions and thus attract fishers. Elfriede (I'm Dutch, I jump in every lake), went in, 13 degrees more or less, I didn't considering my cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment