Friday 13 September 2013



The harbour of Aberaeron. Not that I had planned to come here. The day wasn't a good day, full of wrong turns and bends. It started with me missing the bus to Cardigan (because it was a lot longer walk to The Moorings bus stop that I had been told). So I walked to Cardigan, which wasn't pleasant, but better than waiting more than an hour for the next bus. At Cardigan I went to the tourist information, the lady was extremely friendly and helpful and together we worked out a plan of going to New Quay, going on a dolphin-spotting boat trip, trying to get into a B&B there and walk on the Wales Coast Path the next day. Unfortunately, the bus driver forgot to tell me where to get off to get the connecting bus to New Quay, so I ended up in Aberaeron and couldn't make it to New Quay anymore for the boat trip. So I tried to find accomodation in Aberaeron which was impossible because there wasn't any (local wedding) or extremely expensive. The tourist information gave me the address of an (expensive) B&B in a place called Llanon, so I walked the Wales Coast Path from Aberaeron to Llanon, which was an ugly stretch I walked in heavy rain. I arrived all soaked in a depressing Llanon and depressing and unclean B&B and decided to go on to Aberystwyth. No reasonably priced accomodation there (college has restarted and all the parents are accompanying their children and therefore taking all the cheaper accomodation), so I carried on to the youth hostel in Borth. A thouroughly depressing seaside place and a completely run-down yha. It was aweful. I survived the evening and night and couldn't wait to get away again, still without a good plan (no wifi, no signal).

No comments:

Post a Comment