Thursday 8 August 2013


Rifugio Fonti Minerali at Ceresole Reale. It is a posto tappa of the Gta and an extremely nice and comfortable place. I arrived today by train and bus from Turin. As usual everything is different than planned. The trek with Maurizio came to an unexpected end at Rifugio Città di Chivasso because he was not feeling well and was worried to the point of deciding not to go on but return to Turin. Sad but not to he helped. Very complicated and awkward though to get back to the car. It took us an entire day and involved the help of a friend of Maurizio. We slept at Champorcher because it was late and cooler than frizzling Turin. Seeing I had stuff in Maurizio's car I had to descend too and I wouldn't have gone on on my own anyway, too wild and lonely in all those bivacs. The early end of our trek left me without a plan and no immediate idea what to do. So I went to Turin with Maurizio, stayed at Casa Crema, bought new boots (unfortunately mine were falling apart) and studied a new plan. When the plan was ready the weather turned on me. I abandoned the plan to walk from Pialpetta on the gta to Ceresole Reale when it started to rain cats and dogs. So it was back to Turin where I spent another night at Casa Crema. Now I am here hoping to start walking again tomorrow, my journey here was in the pouring rain and thunder. The forecast isn't bad and if all is well I will go to Rifugio Daviso.

No comments:

Post a Comment