Thursday 29 August 2013


Good-bye Italy, hello England. This is the youth hostel in Bristol, a very nice hostel at the waterfront. I am staying here tonight, I hadn't planned that, hoping to carry on straight away to Wales, but that wasn't possible. Everything went well with my journey from Domodossola to Malpensa airport, where I arrived early. Which was good because my friend Luigi came to the airport to see me off and we had plenty of time to chat. My flight with bmi regional was on a tiny plane, but it was punctual and the service was great. When I got to Bristol bus station it was almost five o'clock and there the trouble started. Italian-like chaos with information about buses and schedules, nobody seemed to be able to give reliable information and I am still sceptical about what I have been told. It was too late to get anywhere near Amroth so it was clear I had to stay in Bristol. I have a ticket to Tenby, but only at 14:00 tomorrow, well at least I have enough time to buy the Pembrokeshire Coast Path guide and an English pay to go card for my phone. But I'm wasting almost two days of walking considering that I will be arriving at Tenby in the evening and am still not at the starting point of the path. Well "pazienza" - as the Italians would say. My mind is still in Italy and just to prove the point I am in a dorm with an Italian girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment