Friday 16 August 2013


Rifugio Cibrario (2616m) this morning when I left. Sunshine after almost two days of fog. The clouds rose from the valley shortly after I arrived on Wednesday. I decided to stay a day, do some washing and go for a short walk, but because of the fog I stayed put all day. Cibrario is a very nice and comfortable rifugio. I have been here before, two years ago with Ute coming from Rifugio Tazzetti on a beautiful path that now apparently isn't walkable anymore, so they say. I descended two hours and 1100m to Pian Sule this morning and - lucky me - was given a ride to Lanzo by a friend of the volunteers, who are in charge at Cibrario this week. From there I got on a bus to Cirie where I am waiting now in bar "Pier 91" for Maurizio, who will pick me up at about 17:00. We will return to Pont and continue tomorrow on the trek we interrupted a week ago. If all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment