Thursday 4 July 2013

 
Part of the trek led through the nature reserve and ancient gold mining area "La Bessa". Piles of stones everywhere, stones which were extracted from the rivers in the mining process. I must say I suffered the heat and the mosquitos and the heavy backpack. At a picnicing place (benches! - Italians apparently do not believe in benches), I called B&Bs in Mongrando, the place I had intended to go and spend the night and found out that there weren't any vacancies. The woman that runs B&B La Varda was very nice and called a B&B she knew "nearby" and instructed me how to get there. Unfortunately instructions were given by a car person, so information that it "is not far at all" wasn't "not far at all". I had to walk for 3km on the road in the heat to get to Casale Trucchi to my accomodation.

No comments:

Post a Comment