Tuesday 16 July 2013


Bivacco Bergerie dell' Orsiera on a pretty high plane. Unfortunately I was not able to see much because the fog had arrived again. I arrived early after a four-hour walk and a 730m climb and inspected the bivacco. It was not very inviting because it was very damp inside, but I was content and brought some pasta, butter and cheese to cook dinner. I was just trying to start a decent fire in the old stove when a man arrived. He turned out to be Dante, a former "guardiaparco", a national park ranger of the "Parco Orsiera Rocciavre", who had come to count chamoises. The guardiaparchi have their own part of the bivacco and I was lucky enough to be invited into it. It was very comfortable and cosy, there was a lovely fire and no dampness at all. Dante cooked for me and told me very interesting things about the animals, parks and the problems they are facing by the political turmoil and the hunters' lobby. And also about hisself. I spent a very nice evening with friendly Dante and am very grateful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment