Monday 17 September 2012

Rifugio Quintino Sella. I arrived early and waited for almost one and a half hours, hoping to meet Alberto, who was still up on Monviso with his client. I had a nice chat with the rifugisti and wasn't sure what to do, but then decided to continue on my way because there were another four hours to go to rifugio Grongios Matre, which the people at Q. Sella recommended. I couldn't go to rifugio Bagnour as originally planned because it has already closed and opens only on weekends now. I was already on my way to Passo Gallarino when I heared voices and saw two coming down from Monviso. I knew it must be Alberto so I waved and called his name. He recognised me and I walked back to meet him at the crossing at the lake. We chatted for a short while and then separated, he was going back home the same day and I would have lost too much time if I had gone back and spent time at the hut. Or I would have had to stay there which didn't make any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment