Thursday 16 August 2012

Rimella as seen when coming down from the path. Shortly before reaching Rimella you walk through a small conglomeration of houses with a luxury Bed & Breakfast called "Walser House", I was tempted to stop because the house, a restored original Walser house, is so beautiful, but then continued into Rimella, where I stopped at Hotel Fontana. I wasn't sure if I should stop or continue. The walk to Rimella is really short, only roughly three hours, a 600m climb and 700m descent (the highest point is Bocchetta di Rimella at 1920m). But my knees hurt a bit and I'm in no hurry. The hotel isn't that nice on the outside (difficult to take a photo because it is nestled into the hills), but very nice inside. The staff is very friendly (saved my life by doing away with a HUGE spider in my room), and guides say that the food is "legendary". That is what I have been told by three Germans, who are walking the GTA, I met them yesterday at Campello Monti and met them here today again. One of them slept in the posto tappa with me and - as I have been informed only now - killed a scorpion. We might walk to Alpe Baranca together tomorrow, the guide (their guide) says the path is difficult to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment