Wednesday 22 August 2012

I had problems finding rifugio Vieux Crest at first, it is nestled into Crest and I hadn't dared hope it wouldn't be one of those old houses, but it is. It isn't really a rifugio though, I was almost afraid to enter at first, it seems more like an expensive hotel than a mountain hut. It is an extraordinary place with very nice staff, a slightly mad michelin star chef and an alternative looking waitress that plays chill-out music all the time. They feed the cats that belong to nobody and are extremely relaxed. I had a leek, potato and cheese soup with freshly made herb croutons that was absolutely delicious. Now I'm sitting in the Wi-Fi area, drinking a glass of lovely white wine and waiting for Maurizio, who is joining me here to walk two days with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment