Wednesday 29 August 2012

Here I am, in Aosta. Not exactly in the mountains but very close and not in Torino anymore. I am very lucky and very grateful. There is nothing wrong with my knee, nothing to worry about. I have an inflammation and have to be very careful about how to proceed, but I don't have to stop walking, my adventure has not finished yet. The magnetic resonance imaging (it was not a CT scan, I got the terms mixed up) proved that I have neither a meniscal tear nor any damage to my ligaments. That is very, very good news. I have two differing opinions about what to do. One is the opinion of the extremely friendly doctor at the centro medico Ribia at Torino, who talked to me for about half an hour and suggested injections of hyaluronic acid and said that I could continue walking. The other opinion was of Maurizio's trusted osteopath, who is against the injections and in favour of a conservative approach of rest, exercises and Arcoxia. I started with Arcoxia and exercises, but opted for the injection as well. It hurt a bit and cost 100 euros but it feels good. I will just have to see how things evolve. Anyway, I decided to leave Torino and go to Aosta. Even though Torino is a very nice town I wanted to move on and be closer to the mountains. It is a two hour journey from Torino and costs only 8 euros (cheap!!!). I got here at about one o'clock, booked into the acceptable "La belle epoche" and had a look about Aosta before going to Saint Christophe for my injection. I have no idea what I will do tomorrow, apart from the fact that rest would be good for my knee the weather forecast is BAD. Already today it rained heavily while I sat in a bar and drank chardonnay.

No comments:

Post a Comment