Thursday 30 August 2012

I am still in Aosta. Sitting in a bar, in the rain. I must admit that I haven't the slightest idea what to do. My knee is a lot better today, but the weather is terrible. Honestly, this is ridiculous. It hasn't stopped raining since yesterday afternoon and the forecast isn't at all encouraging. As of this morning bad weather is predicted infolge next Wednesday. An entire week.

Maurizio had a good idea, he suggested I go down to Cuneo and walk the other way round. The problem is that the weather there is just as bad and I wouldn't be able to walk the Aosta high routes because the huts all close at the end of September. I am already skipping most of the Alta Via 1. So that's that. I called Arturo to ask if they need help either at Soveltra or Pian di Crest, working would benefit both my knees and my budget. Even though travelling to Switzerland and back isn't exactly ideal. Arturo was busy and couldn't talk, he said he'd call.

What I most likely will do is take a bus to Courmayeur, stay the night there and then walk up to rifugio Elisabetta Soldini. In the rain, if possible, and just see what happens. Maybe very short days in the rain? Dear readers, I am the master of complications. Rest assured that I will find ways and means to provide further suspence and, obviously, change of plans.

Ah, just had a delightful chat with two very amusing women from Rome. Recognised their accent immediately. Felt a little like home...

No comments:

Post a Comment