Thursday 4 July 2013


Starting off wasn't easy. Seeing I have to be in Alagna on 10th July to meet Christina I can only complete a part of the route and in a way to reach a place where travelling onward to Alagna is possible and not too complicated. Best thing was to take the bus to Viverone and start walking there. It wasn't easy finding out about the buses, the Internet, Antonella and a friend of her's working in a travel agency were involved only to find out that there weren't any buses. None at all. So my friendly host took me to Viverone in the car and dropped me off at lake Bertignano, where I started walking. I'm not as picky as last year considering all odds, so I was quite happy with walking what were very peaceful paths mostly through sun-lit woods and over sleepy meadows. Later I was less happy because of the heat and the mosquitos, an aspect of July in Italy I had altogether failed to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment