Tuesday 3 October 2023

After Port Mooar - where wooden pathways were recently installed to make walking easier - unfortunately the road walking started. Long extremely tiresome  climbs and descents on roads were followed by a long walk down to the sea through woodland along Glen Cornaa. There - knowing that the rest of the more than 4 mile walk into Laxey would be on roads, I decided to cheat. I hitched a ride from a couple at the tidal lake at the beach up to the main road. Then after another long walk on tarmac and a short stretch on grass I hiked again after seeing the busy road with no pavement I would have had to walk on. Luckily, the people of the Isle of Man are very nuce people. The first car stopped and let me out clise to the campsite where I would be staying tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment