Wednesday 2 October 2013


Looking out of the window of "the most southerly cafe" at Lizard Point. We arrived there in the pouring rain and had a Latte there, waiting for the yha to open. I remember the last time I was here, three years ago. I stayed at the self-catering yha, but didn't have anything to eat or drink. I was told that the cafe opened at eight o'clock, so I walked down, also in the rain, to have breakfast and found the cafe closed. The owner was such a kind person, he let me in and gave me tea. And when I left I didn't even have to pay. I sent a postcard to say thanks for being so nice, I would do the same thing from the bottom of my heart if I only had a cafe or B&B there too. So this place is not only the "most southerly", but also "the most friendly" cafe on the south west coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment