Saturday 1 September 2012

I am still in Lodano, at Arturo's house. I decided not to go up to Soveltra today, because I wasn't needed and I didn't feel like big party and loads of people. And they cancelled the carrying-the-cross-up-to-peak ceremony because of the bad weather. That would have been interesting. I missed the flight in the helicopter, but that doesn't matter. I will walk up to the hut tomorrow morning, hopefully not in the rain. In the evening I will most likely be all on my own, there aren't any reservations for Sunday and Monday and seeing the weather isn't good it is unlikely that anyone without reservation will come. The temperature has fallen considerably, today it was 15 degrees here in the valley meaning that up at Soveltra it was only about 4 degress. In fact there is snow on the mountains at 2000m.

No comments:

Post a Comment