Monday 24 September 2012

I am still in Sambuco. Decided to rest here for a day and decide what to do, because things are getting really complicated now. Seeing the rifugios are all closed now and also many of the posti tappa it is difficult to carry on going up into the mountains and finding a place to sleep. Plus, from many villages there is no public transport. And the weather was not good this morning. Good thing I stayed here because I it has just started to thunder and it has already rained heavily too. AND, as I mentioned, Bartolomeo is a more than excellent cook. Last night I was spoilt by a polenta tart with cheese sauce, lovely home-made Tagliatelle, lentil soup, mushroom snitzel, carots and zucchini, cheese and fruit and a cake with blueberry and raspberry cream. Delicious. And Bartolomeo showed us the mushroom he used. An enormous champignon-like mushroom you can easily cut in big slices and fry. So I am giving my knees a rest and hope that tomorrow the weather is better, so I can somehow walk up to rifugio Migliorero, or to Strepeis.

2 comments:

  1. I've got to stop reading these things when I am not immediately before a meal. I just had lunch but now you've made me hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, an dieses Posto Tappa habe ich auch die besten Erinnerungen! Genieße es und viel Erfolg bei Deinem Weiterweg - ich hoffe, Du findest noch ein paar Plätzchen zum Schlafen! Liebe Grüße vom Helga

    ReplyDelete